Sunday, November 16, 2008

Sounds like a plan to me.....


On the September 29th episode of The Tonight Show with Jay Leno, Russell Crowe revealed his bailout plan for America's economic crisis.

JAY LENO: Now we were talking back stage, and you told me you had a bailout plan. You've been watching us here in America?

RUSSELL CROWE: I have been intently watching the political process, Jay. Fascinated with it... It's a very exciting time for America.

LENO: Americans love to hear what actors have to say on political issues.

CROWE: I know. I know. That's why I make so many political comments.

LENO: That's right. That's right.

CROWE: I'll just try this out on you guys. And look, don't get too excited about it or anything 'cause you can't vote for me, no matter how much you want to...

Um, so, here's the thing: They're looking for $700 billion, right? Which is a good chunk of change, but have you noticed whenever you go to a bank, or whenever you talk to a government department about what you need, they'll never actually give you all of what you need? So, I don't think we should do that for a start.

But I was thinking if they wanna stimulate the economy, get people spending, let people look after their, their mortgage, I think you take the first 300 million Americans, if that's the population at this point in time, give everyone a million bucks.


LENO: That would stimulate the...

CROWE: Don't use that now...

LENO: Oh yeah, that'll work. What are the taxes on that? But OK, that would work, yeah...

So instead of a $700 billion bailout, Crowe proposes a $300 TRILLION bailout. Leno was receptive to his idea.

....Sounds like a plan to me.

No comments: